This 1.5 days workshop will equip you with the confidence and skills to take newborn photographs, to pose them, and understand what you are doing during the photoshoot session, how to shoot them, etc. Practice makes perfection, hence for 3 months after the workshop, feel free to share with me any photos that you have done on your own and any difficulties you faced. I will cater up to 10 sessions through phone / zoom call for this, each lasting 10 minutes.
What will be covered in this class:
- Priorities of a newborn shoot, how to make them comfortable, etc
- Setting up for the shoot, i.e. environment, lighting, camera setting
- Preparation for the shoot, i.e. how to setup for each type of prop from crates to baskets to beanbag
- Plan for the flow of a newborn session
- Live demonstration with 2 newborn model
- Wrapping a newborn with loads of hands-on practice
- Practice posing baby with comfort and safety
- Watching out for signs and discomforts for newborn
- Learn how to shoot, the angles, and how to fill up a gallery with different angles to give variety of photos for the family
- Posing with parents and/or siblings (if any)
- Learn how to shoot awake babies
- Finally, editing. Learn how to edit baby and family’s skin and adjust colour tones, fix the props, etc.
Price is SGD$1388 nett for one-to-one.
Venue will be at Ashley Low Photography’s studio at 62 Ubi Road 1, Oxley BizHub 2, #08-01 Singapore 408730
For 1-to-1 workshop, participant may arrange an appointment anytime with photographer.
Please note the following criteria for this workshop:
– Participants must already posess knowledge on DSLR and have done some photoshoots with the DSLR before, as little teachings will be done on camera and equipments. Some basics on settings, lighting direction will still be covered.
– For Singapore photographers – We strictly accept photographers who do not own a physical newborn/baby studio yet or is currently working in a professional family/baby photography studio.
– Basic styling of sets to comfortably pose babies will be covered during this session. This means with what you learn, you have to inject your own style in it, in terms of colours, props used, concept/ideas, etc.
Registration is open with a SGD$100 deposit to hold your spot. This deposit is non-refundable unless the workshop is cancelled. Payment must be made either through (for locals) bank transfer, cheque, Pay Now, or (for overseas) Paypal.
The balance amount has to be paid 1 week before the workshop starts date via the same payment method.
A full lunch for the first day, free flow of drinks (water, coffee, tea, non-gassy drinks) and snacks throughout the day. Discounts from prop sponsors will also be available.
A certificate will be issued upon completion of the full 1.5 days workshop.
Please note that the SGD$100 deposit is non-refundable. If cancellation is made after full payment, you may transfer to another date (pending availability). It is possible if you wish to fill your spot with another attendee.
The video was a newborn workshop conducted by Ashley before COVID-19.