Newborn Photoshoot Preparation Guideline
Generally, we recommend newborns be around 2 weeks old to do the shoot, as babies tend to sleep a lot in their first 2 weeks, thus allowing us to pose them beautifully. We do accept newborns up to 6 weeks old as they tend to give really amazing expressions sometimes.
Appointment can be made upon your baby’s arrival, so our appointment date is more current to your baby’s age. For any reasons, if you already know when the baby is going to arrive, then it’s better to make an advance appointment. Feel free to WhatsApp us at 96403774 to make this appointment.
The shoot will usually take around 2hrs including baby’s feeding time. With my expertise in handling hundreds of newborns, I mastered the best ways to calm, soothe, and safely pose your precious one. However, if your baby is in discomfort due to natural causes such as colic or constipation, the shoot duration may be slightly prolonged.
We highly recommend the shoot to be done at our studio as we control the environment (such as temperature, sound, etc) and more importantly, our lighting. To debunk some common misconceptions, our flash lights will not harm anyone’s eyes as the intensity is nowhere near that of sunlight.
– Any general colour preferences? Pastels/neturals/bright? Any specific colour tone?
– Do you like usage of props such as flowers? Do you like themed setups or keep it plain, minimalistic & evergreen? Or both?
If you have seen photos elsewhere that you prefer, feel free to send them over so we better understand your preferences, but we will not reproduce an exact replica.
– Put on very easy to remove outfit for your newborn
– Feed them full before the shoot if it does not ruin your schedule. If not, its fine.
– Bring loads of milk, perhaps more portions than required. We have a fridge in the studio if you need. In addition we recommend using bottle milk to feed so we can measure how much baby is drinking.
– Do not bring your baby out before the session as baby gets overly fatigued or stimulated by outside environment.
– Parents and/or older child to come in own outfits – best to be coordinated in colours, no branding/wordings on your outfits unless they mean something to your family. We will provide a wrap for your newborn to match your family’s outfit.
– Pacifier. If your baby is being introduced to a dummy, pls bring it along.
– Moisturizer, if your baby has alot of dry skin.
We ask you to make this purchase decision only upon viewing the photos, simply because you can see if baby’s skin needs further retouching, as it is common for babies to have jaundice or rashes.